The Animal Care Center is looking for an extraordinary veterinary technician to join our team. We are a collaborative group of veterinary professionals, with specialists in dentistry, behavior, and orthopedics. Our team is looking for a veterinary technician with a passion for patient care and the desire to work closely in a doctor/technician team role.
This is a growth role that we are adding to our team to meet the increased demand for our services and we are interviewing for passionate people who share our vision for exceptional medicine and warm, personal client care. We are passionate about patient and client care, and we are equally passionate about each other.
Our ideal candidate will be someone who can work independently, assisting the holistic doctor carrying out diagnostics and treatments including X-rays, lab work, alternative therapies, client communication and education, etc. We are looking for individuals who possess the following qualities and qualifications:
- Takes personal responsibility and displays integrity.
- Enjoys a team environment and working collaboratively.
- Can effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, supervisors, DVMs, clients, and the public.
- Enjoys learning; has a strong desire to share knowledge with peers and is open to learning from others.
- Self-starting who can take ownership of their role
- Assist doctors with appointments, surgery, and client education per hospital policy.
- Perform initial evaluation of the pet’s condition and advise doctor regarding nature of visit, preventative care due and client concerns.
- Obtain and prepare laboratory samples as requested by the veterinarian, i.e. urine, fecal and ear cytology.
- Notify the doctor of lab results in a timely fashion.
- Restrain animals in a safe, efficient and compassionate manner during examinations and procedures.
- Accurately prepare and dispense medications as directed by the doctor, ensuring that medications are added to the pet’s record and appropriately charged to the client.
- Know vaccination guidelines within the hospital and administer vaccinations under the direction of the doctor.
- Monitor hospitalized pets and perform treatments as directed by the doctor.
- Utilize hospital computer systems to document medical records and communicate with clients and teammates.
Responsibilities / Qualifications
- Associates Degree in Veterinary Technology required
- Experience as a Veterinary Technician, preferred.
- Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT).
- Flexible schedule including some weekend and holiday shifts.
- Must have computer skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must possess strong communication skills, good judgment and be able to manage stressful situations.
- Must have the physical and mental capacity to perform in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Medical procedures and animal handling will be trained thoroughly on the job; however, excellent communication skills, a sense of urgency, and working harmoniously with teammates is required.
- Must be dependable, demonstrate strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Public Holidays) – for eligible positions only
- Teladoc- FREE doctor access 24/7
- Discounted Veterinary Care
- EAP (Employee Assistance Program)
- A large network of over 4,000 veterinary professionals who all share common interest in promoting a collaborative working environment and individual career growth
- Opportunity to make an impact in your community while tackling a challenging, variety of tasks and the ability to help animals among a great team of people!
Earliest Start Date:
Castle Rock, Colorado, United States