AVS Equine is adding to its team!
For a third of a century, AVS Equine Medical & Surgical Hospital has been synonymous in the North Florida, Georgia and Alabama region with excellence in veterinary care. We are located in beautiful Tallahassee, Florida where a strong sense of community exists. AVS Equine has always striven to provide a positive experience in all aspects of veterinary medicine for our clients, our patients, and our staff. We are committed to providing superior advanced medical services coupled with exceptional customer satisfaction while remembering to respect ourselves, our co-workers, our clientele, and most of all the horses we care for.
More about us:
• 26,000 square foot state-of-the-art medical and surgical hospital with 35+ acres of rolling pasture and multiple doctors to meet all of our clients’ needs.
• The only full-service hospital for horses within 150 miles of Tallahassee.
• We service clients from South Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, and South Carolina, along with shipping semen all over the US and to Canada.
• We are continually striving for excellence and offer the latest in diagnostic equipment.
Our Goals and Beliefs:
• To practice veterinary medicine to its highest standard.
• To employ highly trained courteous staff that works well with others and has a team spirit.
• To be one of the leading veterinary practices on a national level by providing state-of-the-art diagnostics, surgery and medicine for our equine patients.
• To foster a relationship of professionalism with our clients and referring veterinarians by providing education and services with integrity, passion, and dedication.
Who we are looking for:
• Equine veterinarian with preferably 3-5 years of experience.
• Must be willing take regular rotation in emergency on-call shifts.
• Ideal candidate has the ability to perform surgery, experience in working up lameness cases and treating appropriately, enjoys teaching and mentoring interns, possesses excellent client relation skills and has a true passion for veterinary medicine.
Located on the Gulf Coast of Florida, Tallahassee is close to beautiful gulf beaches with plenty of outdoor activities, including boating, fishing, hiking, and canoeing. We are home to three universities, creating a young and vibrant atmosphere in the state’s capital. Tallahassee boasts a mild climate, canopy tree-lined streets, Southern charm, and diverse cultural opportunities.
Tallahassee, Florida, United States