We require a full time Equine Veterinary nurse to join our forward thinking and motivated team. You will be joining a progressive practice with fully equipped hospital and surgical facilities and inpatient stabling for 17 horses. The role will include ambulatory and clinic-based nursing and you will be part of an out of hours rota to include some night and weekend duties. This is currently a one in five out of hours rota.
Cliffe Equine Vets is an established RCVS Accredited Equine Practice based just outside Lewes in the East Sussex countryside. Set in the beautiful Sussex countryside at the base of the South Downs, just a few miles from the vibrant market town of Lewes and a short drive from Brighton. Direct trains to Gatwick Airport and London Victoria.
• 8 Vet practice
• Full surgical facilities
• Newly refurbished hospital facility (17 boxes)
• Team of qualified and trainee Equine Nurses
• Nurse CPD Allowance
Experience in animal nursing required and equine nursing preferred but not essential. Nurses are supported to reach their full potential and encouraged to further develop. A strong work ethic and a desire to provide a high-quality service to our clients is vital, along with excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
Benefits (subject to pro rata)
• 4 weeks paid holiday not including bank holidays
• 3 days paid CPD leave
• £550 CPD allowance per annum
• RCVS Membership paid
• Service based holiday entitlement increases
• VDS cover
• Enhanced maternity, adoption, shared parental leave and surrogacy pay
• Enhanced paternity pay
• Birthday leave
• Discounted veterinary fees
• My Benefits – various discounts including retail & gym memberships
• Cycle to Work scheme
• CPD/training support
• Paid bereavement leave
• Company sick pay
• Employee opinion survey
• Free uniform in a number of roles
• Annual pay reviews
• Social events
• Academy & Leadership courses
• Focus on employee wellbeing
• Relocation packages
• Career progression opportunities
• Free flu jabs
As a BAME and LGBT+ inclusive employer, we are keen to hear from candidates from all minority and diverse groups. As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
If this position is of interest to you then please get in touch.
Lewes, United Kingdom