Towne Lake currently sees a large percentage of emergency and sick care. Currently, the only service we do not provide is 24 hour care. We feel that overnight care by a clinician who is an integral part of our team is the best solution to that need, so we are seeking a veterinarian to launch our overnight ER practice. This position offers you an opportunity to build a piece of the practice from the ground up and influence how Towne Lake provides Emergency care. This position offers a sign on bonus!
Towne Lake was founded by Dr. Sherry Weaver in 2000. It has grown from a single doctor practice with five total employees to a nine doctor practice offering a number of advanced services. Towne Lake’s culture is rooted in professional development. Every one of our doctors is an individual with their own style of medicine and are encouraged to practice accordingly. You will have the opportunity to build your own professional development plan and achieve what you want to achieve in Veterinary Medicine. Towne Lake also invests in highly-trained technicians that provide the support you need for excellence of care. We also embrace the balance and the need to be a whole person. We are all spouses and parents and children and siblings or friends to a community that makes us a whole person, and we celebrate the need to make time for those relationships.
Features of the practice
- High skilled tech to doctor ratio: 4.7-1
- Diagnostic quality Ultrasound
- Therapeutic Laser
How will this role impact the practice?
- Unlike a standalone ER/Specialty practice, you will be integrated with daytime diagnostic care in this role. The overnight ER role is not a holding zone. You will be encouraged and expected to work with day staff in both diagnostics and treatment plans. Daytime patients are your patients and you will be surrounded by a team to help you provide excellent outcomes.
- We believe in quality medicine and invest in our practice accordingly. The only limitation to this is having to either send patients home or to an emergency clinic overnight. The emergency clinicians do an incredible job, but they are not part of our team and don’t know the clients, and the clients do not know them. Overnight care is the natural next step in providing excellent care.
- Towne Lake is entrusted with countless patients that our clients trust us to care for. When emergencies happen, we want to be able to tell our clients that their loved ones can come to a place they know well, rather than send them to another facility.
- We are committing to a veterinary peer available at all times in a mentoring role for more difficult situations.
Skills & Qualifications
- DVM degree
- 2-3 years of Emergency experience
- Willing to work overnight shifts – 4 on 4 off schedule.
Who fits this role?
- While this role offers a support system, you will need to feel comfortable working independently and making decisions on your own. This role requires somebody who seeks a self-directed position.
- Towne Lake is starting its overnight emergency care from square one. You will be a major influence on how we set out to care for our patients. You need to be excited by starting with a blank canvas and crafting treatment and operational protocols from scratch.
- You need to draw from prior experience to answer important questions: What does an ER practice need to succeed? What should we do differently than other ER practices? Coming into this role with prior knowledge of the inner workings of an ER workings will help you excel.
Woodstock is a great community to live in
Woodstock is a beautiful lake and golfing community voted one of the top 50 cities to live in in the U.S. last year. It is located 30 minutes north of Atlanta and 45 minutes south of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The historical downtown area offers cultural events, exciting food and bar businesses and family fun activities as well as excellent schools. For additional information see www.visitwoodstockga.com .
Visit our business websites at:
Earliest Start Date:
Woodstock, Georgia, United States