North Shore Veterinary Hospital (NSVH) is seeking an enthusiastic, patient care focused full-time nurse within our busy after-hours emergency and referral hospital.
This is a fantastic opportunity as part of the dedicated ECC team to work within a flexible working environment whilst delivering all aspects of advanced nursing care to an exceptional standard supporting our medicine, surgery and exotics departments. NSVH is now based in a brand new, purpose-built hospital with the latest equipment in an accessible location on Sydney’s lower North Shore.
We have secure onsite parking available, close transport links including the new metro line taking only an easy 15 minutes to Sydney’s CBD as well as the beautiful north shore beaches on our doorstep.
Previous experience is preferred but not essential as we have the staff, facilities and capability to provide the training required to be a valued member of the team.
At NSVH, we pride ourselves on having friendly, sociable teams with a great support network within the VetPartners community, allowing for potential career development and progression.
Your role and responsibilities
- Apply and adapt your clinical nursing skills to an emergency and critical care whilst also monitoring the specialists and GP caseloads after hours. including, but not limited to, ventilation, endoscopy, radiology and critical care.
- Liaise with ECC vets and focus on delivering high-end patient care
- Use of Smart Flow system to assess and record patient vitals, identify and report abnormalities.
- Work as an integral part of the team in contributing to and partaking in continuing professional development
- Be familiar with Rx works
- Cert IV in Veterinary Nursing (or equivalent) and preferably a minimum of 2 years of clinical experience
- Be willing to learn and develop advanced nursing skills
- Ability to work well within a close-knit team and adapt to changing work environments and schedules
- Ability to work within an after-hours roster and some weekend shifts with flexible working arrangements available
What we Offer
- A supportive and friendly team environment
- A varied and interesting case-load
- Training in advanced Emergency and critical care nursing skills
- The opportunity to challenge and expand your knowledge and skills.
- Flexible working environment
Vet Nurse / Technician
Small animal practitioner
Earliest Start Date:
Latest Start Date:
Satellite location #1