WHO WE ARE:
National Veterinary Associates (NVA™) is the largest private owner of freestanding veterinary hospitals, pet resorts and specialty pet hospitals in the United States, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. Each general practice hospital, specialty hospital and pet resort operates under their own unique brand. With rapid annual growth through acquisition, NVA seeks individuals with the ability and knowledge to manage the current operation and scale tomorrow to support a much larger and complex organizational footprint. Our many veterinarians provide a full range of medical and surgical services, and our local hospital and pet resort leaders embody the entrepreneurial spirit in which NVA was created. NVA believes in putting clients and community first, engaging with respect and integrity, and making a lasting and positive impact. We are a community dedicated to the love of animals and the people who love them.
National Veterinary Associates is seeking a Director of Community Development to support key community building initiatives. In this role, you will help us achieve our vision by designing, implementing and evaluating programs that facilitate professional development, continuous learning and employee health and wellness throughout the organization.
NATURE OF WORK AND JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The Community Team combines several specialized services and provides organization-wide programs and services: Culture building tools, Leadership effectiveness, organizational development, communication, employee engagement strategies, diversity, and inclusion, change management and health and wellness. We provide planning and development support to all levels of staff to meet the changing needs of the organization and its clients.
The Director of Community Development is responsible for planning, developing, and executing innovative organizational development & training programs to meet the needs of the NVA community. In this role, you will guide, collaborate and in some instances facilitate programs to create consistency of content in all programs.
This will include a variety of activities, including but not limited to:
- Conducting advanced analytics to determine development opportunities and functional approaches that align with Company strategy and overseeing the implementation of projects addressing organizational initiatives
- Innovate, design, and leads implementation of projects, initiatives, and programs and ensures those initiatives are in alignment with company culture
- Assessing learning and development areas for opportunities along with the needs across all levels of meeting client expectations through problem solving, conflict resolution and decision making
- Building relationships and partnerships with a variety of stakeholders and conducting connect meetings with teams to identify gaps and areas of development for future programming or adjustments of current programming
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI, report results for program changes and enhancements
- Researches new training programs to enhance training and development procedures and provide value to the community
- Provides services and solutions to a wide variety of situations in an increasingly complex organizational environment
- Experience in Organizational Development
- Coaching/Consulting experience
- Excellent facilitation skills and ability to adapt and serve multiple and diverse audiences; strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Creative, innovative thinker who embraces new and innovative ways of approaching situations
- Ability to synthesize information in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to be highly flexible in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous environment
- Proven track record in designing and executing successful professional training programs
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (adult learning, mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e-learning, workshops, simulations etc.)
- Ability to plan, multi-task and manage time effectively
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Preferred experience with survey data (i.e. engagement, satisfaction, etc.)
- Strong knowledge and experience in a variety of change management principles, practices, processes and techniques
- Demonstrated success working with and managing cross-functional teams, to identify organizational development opportunities, define solutions, and program implementation
- Travel to visit multiple training locations (approximately 50% – 60%)
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING HERE:
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders/teams – people you will be proud to work with and who also have fun.
- The business. We work for the love of animals and the people who love them. We enjoy driving a successful privately-owned business while living our values and our “why”.
- The opportunity. Your days and projects will offer variety with the opportunity to gain operational, cross-functional, and executive leadership exposure as a trusted internal business partner. You would have the opportunity to help build and shape a fast-growing, global company within a high-growth, exciting industry.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
NVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Hiring is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in the United States.
*This role is not open to receiving agency candidates and any contingent submissions will not be honored.