Co-Medical Director Position
Animal Specialty Center (ASC) is seeking a Co-Medical Director to partner with our existing leadership team and grow our fast-paced Specialty and Emergency Center in Westchester County, New York.
ASC is a newly renovated 16,000 square foot state-of-the-art 24-hour referral and emergency hospital located in Yonkers, NY. We house a team of 100 caring professionals in a variety of disciplines including, Emergency Medicine, Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Neurology, Oncology, Rehabilitation/Acupuncture and Surgery. If you are a Criticalist or Emergency Veterinarian with the interest and experience to contribute to our dedicated leadership team then ASC is the place for you.
- We have a singular focus to be a leader in emergency and specialty healthcare center for pets.
- Dedication to our mission, strategy and core values of Teamwork, Leadership and Compassion are the priorities of our hospital.
- We pride ourselves on the exceptional experience we create for patients, clients, referral partners and employees.
- ASC is a state of the art facility, offering our doctors and patients cutting edge technology and equipment, including a 16 slice Toshiba CT, 1.5T GE MRI, TruBeam Radiation (with Stereotactic and IMRT capabilities), Sonocure Ultrasound Aspirator, Operating Microscope, ScopioLabs Cytologic Microscopic Telemedicine, GE Logic S8 Vet Ultrasound, Jet Ventilator, Storz and Olympus Scopes, Arthrex Tower, Fluoroscopy and Physical Therapy Suite with Underwater Treadmill.
- Additional supporting technologies include IDEXX, Nova, CUBEX, Urinalysis SediVue, PT/PTT equipment. As well as, in-house labs, Antech Imaging Services, and the latest innovation technology for PIMS utilizing EzVet and Smartflow through mobile device platforms.
- ASC is committed to the growth and development of our team members by providing continuous education and ensuring everyone has a clear path to reaching their fullest potential.
- We believe a collaborative team approach leads to better outcomes for our patients and more professionally fulfilled veterinary medicine teams.
- You’ll join a professional and compassionate team that values a positive and healthy work environment focused on providing the best medicine.
- We offer sign-on bonus, relocation stipend, license fee, reimbursement generous CE allowance and additional paid time off.
- We offer a total rewards and comprehensive benefits package, including paid time off, health insurance, dental, vision, uniform allowance, and 401K.
- ASC offers a competitive base salary commensurate with experience and performance-based bonus.
- ASC offers a path to ownership
The Co-Managing Veterinarians share responsibility of providing medical leadership for the hospital, managing associate veterinarians and assuring regulatory compliance relating to the practice of veterinary medicine. They are also responsible for creating an environment of teamwork in which quality medicine is delivered. In partnership with the existing Hospital Leadership Team, the Co-Managing DVMs are responsible for the financial performance of the hospital, preparing operating and capital budgets, as well as meeting budget expectations. In addition, they are also responsible for directing staff and the overall management of the practice, under the direction of NVA Divisional Leadership.
Shared Leadership Duties and Responsibilities
Advancing Medical Care
- Oversees surgical and medical cases for all doctors, ensuring positive outcomes, accurate estimates, and client communication and education.
- Answers client questions and concerns regarding medical and surgical procedures.
- Provides oversight and direction of medical standards, quality of care and inventory.
- Establishes medical protocols.
- Oversees transfer of medical cases from doctor to doctor.
- Minimizes waste and controls costs relating to medical supplies, surgical instruments, and drug inventories.
Leading Staff and Practice
- Participates in the recruiting and interviewing process for Doctors, and when appropriate general staff members.
- Monitors Doctor performance and production.
- Develops and monitors hospital-specific client compliance protocols and procedures.
- Participates in technician appraisal and medical counseling sessions.
- Ensures all medical staff receive applicable training, including the mentoring of new graduates.
- Supports the Hospital Director with staff training programs and tracking CE and DVM licensure.
- Drives revenue and hospital contribution growth, which includes managing all hospital expenses.
- Assists in the preparation of an annual planning strategy, operating budget and capital budget.
- Monitors key financial reports.
Growing the Practice
- Drives patient visits and encourages community involvement.
- Embraces change and supports innovative programs within the hospital.
- Monitors client service, marketing, and NVA growth initiatives.
- Seeks out ways to innovate operational practices that improve the growth of the practice.
ASC ideal candidate:
- Experienced Emergency DVM, Criticalist (Boarded or Board Eligible).
- Values integrity, exhibits superior communication, displays excellent client service + patient care.
- Strong skill set to build and foster a strong clinical team.
- A collaborative leader who will match and embrace ASC’s culture.
Location: Yonkers, NY
Enjoy working/living in affluent Westchester County with a short 30-minute train or car ride to Manhattan. You can live in the suburbs with easy access to the vibrant culture that NYC offers. Alternatively, choose to live in NYC and have an easy reverse commute.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status (physical or mental), protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law .