The Client Service Representative’s main responsibility is to provide exceptional client service while maintaining a smooth and efficient flow of clients and patients through the animal hospital. More specifically, the Client Service Specialist is responsible for greeting clients, determining the needs of the clients and patients, and completing the check-in and check-out process. The position requires a practical knowledge of the clinic’s procedures and policies.
This is a full time position; scheduled days and hours may vary based on hospital need. Weekend work is possible. This position may require standing for long periods of time and some heavy lifting may be involved.
List of duties include but not limited to:
• Professionally receives incoming calls on the telephone, using prescribed telephone techniques. Uses service excellence to address needs of perspective clients.
• Schedules client appointments and addresses client questions including calling clients back.
• Follows established policy and procedures in scheduling clients for prompt treatment of ill and/or injured patients, as well as proper scheduling of patients in need of vaccinations, rechecks, surgeries, in hospital procedures, and other services that require the doctors and technicians’ time.
• Contacts clients with scheduled outpatient or pre-surgery appointments to remind them of the time and appointment requirements (for example, stool samples for fecals or withholding any food and water).
• Maintains appearance and cleanliness of the waiting room and reception area, including re-stocking of products, office supplies, client educational materials, hospital brochures, etc.
• Maximizes schedule based on Doctor and time needed for an appointment.
• Provides cost estimates and prepares client invoices while informing clients of credit policies and any outstanding balances.
• Enters charges accurately into the computer using appropriate codes and take client payments.
• Balances out cash drawer at completion of day’s business, prepares bank deposits, runs end of day reports in AVImark, and runs back up tape to preserve computer data.
• Telephone etiquette and Client Service Excellence
• Basic veterinary medical knowledge, including products and services, is desired
• English language and written skills required
• Familiar with the use of policies, reports, and form completion
• Excellent telephone skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Interpersonal skills including working in a team environment
• Handling difficult situations including emergencies
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, E-mail, and AVImark experience preferred)
• Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task and still attend to details
• Typing skills (accuracy)
• Payment handling and basic finance skills
Davenport, Iowa, United States