Merrimack Veterinary Hospital is a well-established 5 doctor Veterinary hospital that offers care for feline, canine, and exotic pets 6 days a week.
We have a Full Time job opening for a friendly and enthusiastic individual in our busy front office. Some of the responsibilities include greeting clients and patients, answering phones, scheduling appointments, filling medications, and admitting and discharging clients. This is not your typical receptionist position. Must be a terrific people-person, love working with the public, multi-tasker, as well as having a love for animals! We are also looking for someone who possesses outstanding customer service skills and is self-motivated. We offer a generous compensation package for the full time position which includes: medical health insurance, 401K & Roth retirement plan, paid time off, holidays, and pet medical discounts. Compensation will commensurate with skill level and training. Full time hours, include Saturday’s and nights during the week.
If you like to stay busy and you think you have the personality for our front office…we would love to have you as part of our family! We would prefer experience but we are willing to train the right person!
Our team is a fully cross-trained hospital and we are looking for a new full-time member for our growing hospital. Excellent customer services is a must and customer service experience is required. The perfect candidate will be able to work side by side with veterinarians, kennel staff, and groomers. Job expectations are to answer phones, schedule appointments, and perform check-in and check-outs for all clients. Cleaning is a huge part of every job here at the hospital and we consider it everyone’s responsibility. We operate with Avimark soft wear and previous experience is great but not necessary.
If you think you would be a great addition to this well rounded, hard working team. Please apply!!!
1. Generally works week-days with 1-2 scheduled Saturdays/month
2. May need to fill in some week-ends, holidays, or at times of employee absence or Hospital emergency
3. Remains cooperative and flexible regarding scheduling
1. Must be able to lift up to forty pounds safely
2. Must be able to handle dogs, cats, birds, and pocket pets with confidence and safety
3. Must be able to communicate effectively with staff and clients in person and via telephone
4. Must be able to endure periods of heavy workload or high stress
5. Must be able to tolerate high noise levels
6. Must be able to tolerate strong or unpleasant odors
7. Must be able to work with frequent interruptions
8. Must be able to open and close building independently
1. Excellent customer service skills, sense of humor, strong work ethic in order to deal with varying staff, client, and animal demands
2. Excellent telephone skills including use of voice mail, call forwarding and message taking
3. Experience in observing death, dying and euthanasia in small animals
4. Experience with Windows based computer systems
1. High school diploma
2. Courses in technician / reception training or equivalent
Merrimack, New Hampshire, United States