Augusta Valley Animal Hospital in Staunton Virginia is seeking an experienced Customer Service Representative to join our team.
The Client Services Specialist is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Hospital Manager and supporting medical staff to provide exceptional customer service while maintaining a smooth and efficient flow of clients and patients through the animal hospital.
- Responsible for greeting clients, determining the needs of the clients and patients, and completing the check-in and check-out process. Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Follows established policy and procedures in scheduling clients for prompt treatment of ill and/or injured patients, as well as proper scheduling of patients in need of vaccinations, rechecks, surgeries, in-hospital procedures, and other services that require the doctors’ and technicians’ time.
- Helps with client reminders for annual health assessments, parasite checks, dentistry, senior care, etc.
- Assists technician in filling prescriptions with appropriate medication and providing routine instructions to owners on the proper administration of the medication.
- Performs over-the-counter sales of merchandise such as food and special diets, shampoos, flea and tick control products, heartworm, etc. Demonstrates a technical knowledge of products and is capable of assisting clients with their product needs.
- Invoices clients, collects fees, makes change, imprints credit card forms, and obtains authorization for credit charges following the credit policies of the hospital.
- Demonstrates basic emergency procedures and can give proper information on transporting the patient to the hospital. Responsible for advising hospital staff about incoming emergencies.
- Maintains appearance and cleanliness of the waiting room and reception area, including re-stocking of products, office supplies, client educational materials, hospital brochures, etc.
- Prepares and sends welcome letters, new client information packets, referral and thank you letters, condolences, long wait notes, and other correspondence for the doctors and/or Hospital Manager.
- Demonstrates a full working knowledge of AVImark procedures and functional applications.
Job Type: Full-time
Earliest Start Date:
Staunton, Virginia, United States