From general wellness and preventative care to advanced surgical procedures to specialty services like laser therapy and acupuncture, our team of experienced veterinarians, Board Certified veterinary specialists and nurses bring the services your pet needs for their health and well-being.
Our veterinary clinic is fully accredited by the American Animal Hospital Association, the nation’s leading accrediting body for companion animal veterinary practices, based on a quality review of our veterinary practice methods, pet health care management, facility and equipment in addition to a stringent evaluation of more than 900 standards in patient care, client service and medical protocols. Only 12 percent of small animal hospitals in the U.S. have achieved this accreditation.
We are also a certified cat friendly practice at the highest Gold level by the American Association of Feline Practitioners. Click here to learn more about this important certification and what it means for you and your cats.
The Client Services Specialist is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Hospital Manager and supporting medical staff to provide exceptional customer service while maintaining a smooth and efficient flow of clients and patients through the animal hospital.
• Responsible for greeting clients, determining the needs of the clients and patients, and completing the check-in and check-out process. Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
• Follows established policy and procedures in scheduling clients for prompt treatment of ill and/or injured patients, as well as proper scheduling of patients in need of vaccinations, rechecks, surgeries, in-hospital procedures, and other services that require the doctors’ and technicians’ time.
• Helps with client reminders for annual health assessments, parasite checks, dentistry, senior care, etc.
• Pulls patient charts for daily scheduled appointments and collects information to make necessary updates, including the creation of new charts, when appropriate.
• Assists technician in filling prescriptions with appropriate medication and providing routine instructions to owners on the proper administration of the medication.
• Performs over-the-counter sales of merchandise such as food and special diets, shampoos, flea and tick control products, heartworm, etc. Demonstrates a technical knowledge of products and is capable of assisting clients with their product needs.
• Invoices clients, collects fees, makes change, imprints credit card forms, and obtains authorization for credit charges following the credit policies of the hospital.
• Demonstrates basic emergency procedures and can give proper information on transporting the patient to the hospital. Responsible for advising hospital staff about incoming emergencies.
• Maintains appearance and cleanliness of the waiting room and reception area, including re-stocking of products, office supplies, client educational materials, hospital brochures, etc.
• Prepares and sends welcome letters, new client information packets, referral and thank you letters, condolences, long wait notes, and other correspondence for the doctors and/or Hospital Manager.
• Demonstrates a full working knowledge of PIMS procedures and functional applications.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
• High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Prior client service experience in related area preferred but not required
• Proper telephone etiquette and client service excellence
• Basic veterinary medical knowledge, including products and services
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, e-mail, and practice management software experience preferred)
• Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task and still attend to details
CENTENNIAL, Colorado, United States