The Client Service Coordinator is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Hospital Manager and supporting medical staff to provide exceptional customer service while maintaining a smooth and efficient flow of clients and patients through the animal hospital.
- Responsible for greeting clients, determining the needs of the clients and patients, and completing the check-in and check-out process. Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Follows established policy and procedures in scheduling clients for prompt treatment of ill and/or injured patients, as well as proper scheduling of patients in need of vaccinations, rechecks, surgeries, in-hospital procedures, and other services that require the doctors’ and technicians’ time.
- Helps with client reminders for annual health assessments, parasite checks, dentistry, senior care, etc.
- Collects information to make new patient records and to make any necessary updates
- Takes prescription refill requests and relays them to the technicians. Informs clients that refills can take 24-48 hours for processing and filling, and that we will call if needed.
- Performs accurate over-the-counter sales of merchandise such as food and special diets, shampoos, flea and tick control products, heartworm prevention, etc. Demonstrates a technical knowledge of products and is capable of assisting clients with their product needs.
- Efficiently and accurately invoices clients, collects fees, and makes change.
- Demonstrates basic emergency procedures and can give proper information on transporting the patient to the hospital. Responsible for advising hospital staff about incoming emergencies.
- Maintains appearance and cleanliness of the waiting room and reception area, including re-stocking of products, office supplies, client educational materials, hospital brochures, etc.
- Prepares and sends welcome letters, new client information packets, referral and thank you letters, condolences, long wait notes, and other correspondence for the doctors and/or Hospital Manager.
- Demonstrates a full working knowledge of AVImark procedures and functional applications.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior client service experience in related area preferred but not required
Earliest Start Date:
Fort Myers, Florida, United States