We are currently looking for a Receptionist with PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE in a Veterinary Hospital!
Shinnecock Animal Hospital is seeking someone who is knowledgeable, friendly and possesses a strong attention to detail. Applicant must have strong communication skills. Candidate should possess excellent computer skills as we are a paperless practice, with the willingness to learn all aspects of the veterinary field. We are looking for a positive and energetic individual to join our team and should enjoy multi-tasking, interacting with the public and providing awesome customer service. We are ideally looking for someone with experience in this field but would considering training the right person.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Provide top-notch customer service.
• Being attentive to client and pet needs.
• Identify and work compassionately with clients in various emotional states.
• Work patiently with distressed, frustrated or disgruntled clients.
• Answer and triage phone calls from clients.
• Schedule appointments and schedule procedures.
• Check-in clients.
• Monitor client flow from check-in to discharge.
• Monitor schedule and flow.
• Client callbacks.
• Managing record requests between other hospitals and specialty practices.
• Client education.
• Assist in cleaning the hospital including but not limited to: keeping reception desk area and lobby clean and sanitary, taking out the trash and recycling, laundry, cleaning floors, bathrooms, exam rooms, kitchen and kennels if needed.
• Process payment transactions.
• Maintain proper documentation in the electronic medical record.
• Relay appropriate information to/from clients to doctors and/or management.
• Computer skills: Able to use Windows based computer systems, word processing, email, web search. Understanding of Impromed Veterinary software is a plus.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This position requires availability on nights and weekends. Candidates for this position must be able to be at the clinic between 8 am and 8pm, depending on the day. Some Saturdays, and holidays will be required. Salary commensurate with experience.
Additionally, candidates must be willing to occasionally cover shifts for absent co-workers.
Please email resume to: Attn Human Resources at [email protected] or fax 631-723-3372
Hampton Bays, New York, United States