Fuel your passion for client service with a team of compassionate veterinary professionals who are committed to medical and surgical excellence in an empathetic, warm, and friendly environment. We offer interesting, diverse, and challenging cases with a dedication to maintaining Work+Life balance.
Here at Gresham Animal Hospital, we value that our team is the foundation not just of our business, but of our culture. Through consistent growth based on the quality of our service, we have the opportunity to warmly welcome a new team member to partner with us in the next exciting phase of our journey.
For over 75 years, Gresham Animal Hospital has been providing loving care to our patients and their owners. We are the oldest animal hospital in East County and growing…so much that the original facility was replaced by a brand new state of the art hospital in 2010. We were able to do this by providing quality, professional service that is personalized; every patient receives individualized recommendations and treatment. Our mission is to provide medical and surgical excellence with honesty, respect, and integrity.
What our employees can expect from us
We will help connect you with the people, resources, and opportunities you need to succeed. We will uphold a culture that supports the well-being of the team and the individual. We will provide a leadership team committed to a servant based leadership model. We will surround you with a team of veterinary professionals that support the highest quality care for the patients of Gresham Animal Hospital. We will set the direction to meet our client’s needs, mindful of the efficiency required for today’s market without compromising compassionate client service, and evolve with the industry for the love of pets and people who love them.
About this role
As the hospital front line, the Client Service Representative sets the stage for our Client Experience. Our Client Service Representatives are the first team our clients meet, the friends that offer support, and the experts at answering client questions. They partner closely with our veterinary assistants and technicians to provide the Gresham Animal Hospital Client Experience. As a Veterinary Professional you already have the aptitude to understand the day to day requirements of being a gifted Veterinary Client Service Representative. We would like to highlight some of the indispensable skills that we are seeking that are especially significant to this opportunity.
• Handle all financial transactions and reconcile client files as needed – including auditing invoices prior to clients/patients discharging from the hospital.
• Superb communication skills with a focus on confidently educating our clients
• Proficiently register and check-in new and returning clients and patients and appropriately providing client with and process all forms and other paperwork required for intake and discharge of animals.
• Provide compassionate professionalism in the face of grief.
Your qualifications are unquestionably essential to your success in this role and it is relied on that you exemplify talent and expertise as a Veterinary Client Service Representative. These qualities are equally important to our team.
• Ability to quickly build rapport with clients, team members, and leadership
• Knowing your measure, working independently but also knowing when to call for assistance
• The confidence to own tasks and responsibilities, and deliver positive outcomes
• Responding to the pressure of a fast-paced environment with dignity, presence, and grace.
What we ask of you, our employees
You align your work flow to our business goals, client needs, and the needs of our community. You connect with your peers and the entire team to deliver the best patient outcomes and results. You are committed to individual and team accountability in a way that supports a respectful and positive workplace culture that celebrates diversity. You understand by finding connection you contribute to the wellbeing of our team, our patients, our clients, yourself, the industry, and our community as a whole.
Gresham Animal Hospital is situated in the beautiful Pacific Northwest at the gateway to the Columbia River Gorge. Our location provides easy access to the amenities and culture rich city of Portland, while providing easy access to Mount Hood, Multnomah Falls and the Oregon coast for all of your outdoor adventures. Our hospital is located across the street from Gresham Station providing easy access to restaurants and shopping to enjoy over lunch.
In order to attract talented Veterinary Professionals like you, we offer a balanced approach to compensation based on your expertise including
• Salary range of $15-$17 per hour depending on experience
• Employee Assistance Program
• Life Insurance
• Accident and Disability Insurance
• Paid Vacation
• 401k with employer match
• Employee pet care discount
• Pet insurance discount
• Continuing education to support your career growth
• Guaranteed Sundays off, with a rotation working every other Saturday
It’s Time to Apply!
To apply for this exceptional opportunity click on the apply now button to send your resume and cover letter in PDF format. Your cover letter is an essential part of the application process to share your professional story and passion for the industry. Previously Veterinary experience is required, experience with Cornerstone is preferred.
For more information about our hospital please visit:
Gresham, Oregon, United States