We are seeking a Full Time Client Services Representative to join our team. We are a busy small animal Veterinary hospital located in Olathe, KS. We pride ourselves in offering outstanding customer service and amazing pet care. We are seeking a dependable, self motivated person who has a passion for working with animals and their owners to join our team. An Ideal candidate will have previous customer service experience and a passion for pets.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Responsible for greeting clients, determining the needs of the clients and patients, and completing the check-in and check-out process. Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Follows established policy and procedures in scheduling clients for prompt treatment of ill and/or injured patients, as well as proper scheduling of patients in need of vaccinations, rechecks, surgeries, in-hospital procedures, and other services that require the doctors’ and technicians’ time.
- Helps with client reminders for annual health assessments, parasite checks, dentistry, senior care, etc.
- Prepares patient charts for daily scheduled appointments and collects information to make necessary updates, including the creation of new charts, when appropriate.
- Assists technician in filling prescriptions with appropriate medication and providing routine instructions to owners on the proper administration of the medication.
- Performs over-the-counter sales of merchandise such as food and special diets, shampoos, flea and tick control products, heartworm, etc. Demonstrates a technical knowledge of products and is capable of assisting clients with their product needs.
- Invoices clients, collects fees, makes change, imprints credit card forms, and obtains authorization for credit charges following the credit policies of the hospital.
- Demonstrates basic emergency procedures and can give proper information on transporting the patient to the hospital. Responsible for advising hospital staff about incoming emergencies.
- Maintains appearance and cleanliness of the waiting room and reception area, including re-stocking of products, office supplies, client educational materials, hospital brochures, etc.
- Prepares and sends welcome letters, new client information packets, referral and thank you letters, condolences, long wait notes, and other correspondence for the doctors and/or Hospital Manager.
- Demonstrates a full working knowledge of Avimark procedures and functional applications.
- Must be able to work weekends
Qualifications and Skills:
- High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior client service experience in related area preferred but not required
- Proper telephone etiquette and client service excellence
- Basic veterinary medical knowledge, including products and services
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office, e-mail, and Avimark experience preferred)
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task and still attend to details
Compensation will be based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Earliest Start Date:
Olathe, Kansas, United States