National Veterinary Associates (NVA) is seeking an Associate Student Representative for the 2021-2022 academic year.
NVA is looking for a 1st or 2 nd -year student to serve as a liaison to the student body at the University of Wisconsin School of Veterinary Medicine and assist our 4th-year NVA Student Rep with coordinating events and sharing information with classmates.
What you’ll do:
* Partner with the Wisconsin NVA Rep to coordinate on-campus meetings and/or events
* Help distribute information about NVA’s externship and career opportunities
* Learn best practices for becoming an ambassador for NVA.
* Keep the NVA team informed about sponsorship opportunities, student schedules, career events, etc.
What makes you a great fit?
* 1st or 2 nd -year veterinary student
* You love to meet people, make connections, and build relationships with others at your school
* You’re an organized and detail-oriented person willing to tackle anything from managing an invite list to helping set up for an event
* You do not already hold any conflicting student rep positions
* Bonus points if you participate in campus organizations and/or clubs such as VBMA and SAVMA
* You would like to transition into NVA’s Student Representative role for the 2022 – 2023 school year.
What we offer:
* $500 stipend (paid out in $250 increments each semester)
* Access to learn about and represent a network of over 1200 hospitals worldwide
* Opportunity to be an integral part of the NVA community and access to a network of recruiters and career opportunities
* An all-expense-paid trip to our Los Angeles Support Center for a 3-day/2-night Student Rep Meeting in the summer of 2021 (trip is voluntary and dependent on COVID travel protocols)
NVA is the largest independent owner of veterinary hospitals and pet resorts in the United States. We own and partner with over 1200 General Practice, Specialty + ER, and Equine Hospitals in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore. Our expertise and advanced tools keep our community thriving, and we encourage our doctors and animal care experts to run their business as they see fit.
This is a contract position with the possibility to move into student rep position in the next academic year.
Applications accepted through April 30, 2021
Wisconsin, United States