West Village Veterinary Hospital is currently seeking an experienced (at least 1 year) full-time Associate Veterinarian to join our practice in Manhattan! Our ideal candidate is dedicated to providing high quality medicine, surgery, and dentistry to our valued patients. We value teamwork and collaboration among our team, exceptional client communication and education, and an overall willingness to serve animals and their people.
• Digital radiography, including digital dental radiography in dental suite
• Surgery suite
• In-house laboratory
• Echocardiograms and ultrasound performed by boarded veterinarians
• Holistic treatments including acupuncture, laser therapy and homeopathy
• 24 hour nursing
• Overnight hospitalization of patients in our treatment area
• Oxygen cages and isolation room if necessary
We have locations in the heart of the West Village, Tribeca, Soho, Battery Park and Financial District neighborhoods in NYC. Our clients are diverse, knowledgeable, well-informed, and tech savvy.
For more information on our hospital, visit us at www.downtownvetgroup.com .
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is a valuable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
• Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
• Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort
• Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs
• Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols
• Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine
• Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service
• Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public
Skills and Basic Qualifications
• A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) or related degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed
• Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Works collaboratively with hospital team members
• Makes decisions confidently and effectively
• Manages time and tasks appropriately
• Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients
• Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
New York, New York, United States