Soldotna Animal Hospital in Soldotna, AK is seeking an experienced Associate DVM to join our team! We are offering a sign-on bonus and relocation assistance!
Soldotna Animal Hospital provides excellence in small animal medicine with a personal approach. We have a family-type atmosphere among our team members. We sincerely care for one another. Because we live in a small town, we often develop strong bonds with our patients and owners. Our facility is modern and full of light. It is a great environment in which to work. Our hospital is the location on the Kenai Peninsula for pre-race ECG’s and bloodwork each February prior to the Iditarod sled dog race. We work diligently to maintain our reputation of excellence in our community. We are looking for an experienced veterinarian to join our team. Leadership opportunities available.
For more information, please visit our website: www.soldotnaanimalhospital.com/ .
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- 4 doctor progressive small animal practice with high standards for medical care
- Beautiful facility with an open lobby with fireplace and abundant windows
- Well-equipped in-house laboratory with completely new Idexx suite of equipment
- Imaging services include high frequency Xray machine with Sound Eklin DR digital Xray
- Digital dental Xray system and fully-equipped dental equipment
- Small animal ultrasound unit
- Endoscopy equipment: rigid and flexible scopes and equipment
- Companion Therapy Laser
- Tonopen for intraocular pressure measurements
- Updated computer system with AVImark software system
- Easy access to VIN (Veterinary Information Network)
- Large open treatment area with full-lighted wet and dry workstations
- We occasionally have moose and caribou wander through our parking lot… only in Alaska!
- Low staff turnover… our doctors and team members tend to stay with us for a long time. Come and join us!
About Soldotna, AK
Soldotna is located in the heart of the Kenai Peninsula, Alaska’s playground. The opportunities for outdoor activities are unending. Our fishing is world class in rivers and streams, lakes and Cook Inlet. Canoeing, hiking, hunting, biking, geocaching, birding, gold panning, Nordic skiing, skijoring, snow machining… we have it all! Recreation is a priority for Alaskans. Our community is fortunate to have a progressive growing medical community featuring Central Peninsula Hospital. We have excellent public schools and available support for home schoolers.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran
Earliest Start Date:
soldotna, Alaska, United States