All Creatures Animal Hospital in East Amherst, NY is looking for an Associate DVM
Perfect opportunity for someone interested in Exotics (mainly birds but flexible) but not necessary as we have plenty of work on the small animal side.
All Creatures Animal is a well-established, busy practice which has sustained incredible growth over the past 17 years. We provide primary care, soft tissue surgery, dental procedures, limited emergency service, avian and exotic specialty pet care, and zoo animal pet care to a city population of approximately 260,000. We currently have 4 doctors on staff and 9 licensed veterinary technicians.
We are looking for a Veterinarian with a positive attitude, who thrives in a busy environment, and is flexible. Interest in exotics is preferred however not required. Must have a license in good standing in New York State.
No after hours care or emergency hours.
4 day work week, rotating every 5th Saturday.
Check us out on the web at http://www.allcreaturesanimalhospital.org/ on Facebook and Instagram at @allcreaturesamherst
About our Hospital:
• 40% exotic based
• Acupuncture certified Veterinarian on staff
• 6 exam rooms, Surgery Suite, treatment area
• Dental and Digital X-ray
• Class IIIb laser
• Cryo unit, Tonopen
• Iso and sevofluorane gas anesthetic machines
• Abaxis in house chemistry/CBC and T4 machines
• Well stocked, in-house Pharmacy
• Cardell monitoring unit
We have all the amenities of a big city without the hassles. We have very short commute times, a variety of neighborhoods, amazing food, distinct architecture, two professional sports teams, and low cost of living. We are located near two great lakes and are 2 short hours from Toronto, Canada.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
• Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
• Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
• Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
• Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
• Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
• A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
• Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
• Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
• Manages time and tasks appropriately.
• Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
• Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
East Amherst, New York, United States