Our Mixed Animal practice in rural Upstate New York is looking to add:
A small animal veterinarian OR someone interested in doing a combination of large and small OR daytime urgent care for our companion animals.
Full-time opportunity offering Sign-on Bonus, Retention Bonus, Relocation Assistance, and Student Loan Assistance
North Country Veterinary Services is an eleven doctor mixed animal practice. The position available is primarily small animal however we are flexible to adding a day or so of large animal into the schedule. We offer a diverse caseload and a wide range of experience within the practice (2-39 years). This allows for a team approach to quality medicine.
We have two locations, in Pulaski and Oswego, NY and our doctors can rotate between offices. We provide primary care and advanced pet care to a broad geography in the North Country of New York State. We have a broad spectrum of veterinary diagnostic procedures through in-house testing and the use of external laboratories.
Our hospitals are looking for another team member committed to providing exceptional client service and veterinary health care. As an Associate Veterinarian at North Country Veterinary Services, you can expect to work with licensed technical staff, highly trained for dental procedures, surgery, ultrasound, acupuncture, and therapeutic laser, We are a very collaborative and friendly team who provide excellent client communication and education.
Want to do fun stuff? If you want to do all the crazy stuff you learned in Vet School, we’ve got that. You won’t just do spay and neuters and wellness checks. You will have a green light to do amazing medicine. If you learned about it, we see those cases.
This is Vet medicine the way you want to do it, and imagined it. If you are passionate about Vet medicine and want to take a risk, we are the place to do it.
At NCVS, you can flourish as a Vet and help grow our business.
Visit us at https://www.northcountryvet.com/about-us
About the hospitals
o 4 Exam rooms
o One large surgery suite and two treatment tables
o Separate dog and cat waiting rooms
o In house Lab, Snap Pro’s
o Digital radiography
o Newest AVImark practice management software
o Laser Class IV treatment
About the area
• The primary location is in Pulaski, which has the Salmon River running through it and is known for its runs of salmon and steelhead. Our area is affordable and a safe place to live and raise a family. Outdoor opportunities abound with nearby Lake Ontario, state parks, fishing, hunting, camping, canoeing, and snowmobiling. Syracuse, NY is a short drive away and has to offer exceptional restaurants, concerts, art, SU sports, The New York State Fair, and excellent medical care.
• Highly competitive base salary
• Health Insurance and dental/vision
• Life Insurance, Short term/Long Term disability
• Paid Liability insurance- 100%
• 401 (K) plan
• Vacation, sick time
• Continuing Education days and allowance
• Paid State License and DEA
Skills and Qualifications
• Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree, or equivalent, from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in New York State
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Pulaski, New York, United States