Discovery Bay Veterinary Clinic is seeking a full-time Associate DVM.
Discovery Bay is located just 50 miles east of San Francisco on the California Delta, in a small upscale community of a population of approximately 15,000. We are the only veterinary Hospital in Discovery Bay.
Our hospital relocated in February 2020. Our new location boasts brand new exam rooms, surgical suite, office spaces and a large open treatment area.
We are seeking a small animal practitioner with excellent internal medicine and surgical skills. Exotic experience a plus but not required. New grads welcome with past Technician experience or internship. N o weekend and no after hours emergency! More information at http://www.discoverybayveterinaryhospital.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
• Large open, brand new building with four exam rooms, treatment area and surgical suite.
• In house laboratory capabilities for selected blood chemistries. Idexx Catalyst Dx chemistry system. Full service off site lab pick-up and delivery twice daily.
• In house ECG run and interpreted.
• Full digital x-ray machine
• State of the art dental scaler machine and digital x-ray.
• Complete pharmacy with a large inventory along with an online Pharmacy
• Ultrasound machine.
• Video otoscope
• CO2 surgical laser
• Class four laser for pain/healing management.
• New state of the art computers with the latest version of Avimark software.
• computers in every exam room.
• Air conditioned building.
• In addition to treating dogs and cats, we also see all reptiles, pocket pets, and ferrets.
• A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree or equivalent from an accredited university.
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
• Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
• Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
• Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
• Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
• Other duties as assigned.
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you.
ABOUT DISCOVERY BAY, CA:
Discovery Bay is nestled among beautiful farms producing corn, tomatoes and other fruits and vegetables to all over the country. San Francisco is just an hour away so living here is the best of both worlds. There’s plenty to do here, waterskiing, jet skiing, boating, fishing, golf and sightseeing the beautiful bay area.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Discovery Bay, California, United States