Beach Veterinary Clinic, located in Cortez, FL, is looking for an Associate Veterinarian (4-5 days/week).
- Full-time position: Rotating schedule (open Mon-Sat), work 4 days per week, alternating weekends.
- Established for over 30 years, Beach Veterinary Clinic is a modern and well equipped veterinary hospital located between Bradenton and Sarasota, FL. We serve clients in the surrounding towns of Longboat Key, Anna Maria Island, Holmes Beach, and Bradenton Beach, Florida. We primarily see dogs and cats for various medical and surgical procedures. With our location being one block from the intercoastal waterways and beaches of the Gulf of Mexico, we could easily be considered a destination location for a veterinary hospital. We have a very affluent clientele and a very relaxed workplace environment. Emergencies are referred to an ER hospital close to our location after business hours. The current veterinarians on staff have over 50 years of combined experience.
For more information, please visit Beach Veterinary Clinic on Facebook or our website www.beachvetclinic.com .
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Complete IDEXX in house laboratory
- Digital radiography
- Dental radiography
- DBI dental unit
- MedRX rigid endoscope and ear irrigation unit
- Computer integrated practice
- Pulse oximetry, ECG monitoring devices
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in Florida.
- Excellent medicine and surgical skills
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend continuing education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Other duties as assigned.
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you!
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Earliest Start Date:
Cortez (Bradenton), Florida, United States