Well established practice in Albuquerque, NM looking for a collaborative Associate Veterinarian to join our experienced team! Our clients love the high quality of medicine and friendly atmosphere we provide. Excellent opportunity to develop special interests within a diverse medical and surgical caseload.
Cottonwood Animal Clinic is a growing general practice. We value work/ life balance and can offer flexible weekly shifts with rotating Saturdays. We are closed on Sundays and there are no overnights or on-call shifts! We are conveniently located near several referral specialists and emergency hospitals for our clients to utilize. We are very lucky to have a clientele that is willing and has the resources to pursue diagnostics when indicated.
Please visit https://www.cottonwoodvet.com/ to learn more.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information, listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the support team to ensure delivery of quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or equivalent degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of New Mexico.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Earliest Start Date:
Rio Rancho, New Mexico, United States