Animal Hospital of Waco is seeking an Associate Veterinarian to join our family. Our doctors strive to provide the “Gold Standard” of care when treating our patients. We treat our clients and patients with over 85 years combined experience. That’s a lot of love. We want to make the experience as friendly and comfortable as possible while still providing progressive and compassionate care.
What sets us apart?
- We are equipped with digital radiography, ultrasound, therapy laser, platelet rich plasma (PRP), warming unit, in-house laboratory, Idexx referral lab, surgery suite with 2 heated surgical tables, anesthetic monitors, IV pumps and a dental unit with drill.
- Our 5,000 square foot facility has been renovated recently. Our clinic consists of 4 exam rooms, surgical suite, lab area, in-house pharmacy, treatment area, and a separate isolation with its own heating and cooling system.
- We are open Monday-Friday only. No after-hours emergency calls. Our doctors are on a rotating weekend shifts to cover hospitalized patients.
- Fully covered health insurance, CE stipend, 4 ½ day work weeks, PTO, dues local and state VMA, TX license, DEA license.
- Our seasoned veterinarians are available to mentor as needed.
- Types of pay offered, salary, pro-sal, or commission.
- Scheduled morning appointments and afternoon walk-ins.
About Waco, Texas
Waco dubbed “The Heart of Texas” is in central Texas, being centrally located between the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex and Austin just a short 90-minute drive either way. The current population is greater than 134,000 and a rapidity growing. Waco has a rich history from indigenous tribes, home of Dr. Pepper and Baylor University. Waco has a few Historical sites as well, the suspension bridge is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and the National Park Service Mammoth Monument. Waco is a great place to live and raise a family. The beach is just ½ a day’s drive, or you can simply relax at the 79,000-acre Lake Waco or go canoeing in the Brazos river. Waco offers wildlife, fishing, biking trails and plenty of outdoor sporting opportunities. American Airlines has a hub located in Waco. We are also home of Chip and Joanna Gains Fixer Upper. The hospital is just ½ a block from Magnolia Table.
In addition to the responsibilities outlines below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns.
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventative health care and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assist in the development in paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital on the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and task appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth.
- DEA licensure
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Earliest Start Date:
Waco, Texas, United States