We’re growing! St. Catharines Animal Hospital is seeking to add a full-time veterinarian to our team. We want someone who can be a part of a successful, proud team that practices high-quality medicine that change pet’s lives. Located in the heart of the Niagara Peninsula we have some of the most beautiful places to see in Ontario. We are so proud that our Hospital has been rated one of the best three clinics for a 5th year in a row according to threebestrated.ca. Our current veterinarians at the clinic have a combined 20+ years of work in the field.
In our clinic we have a full in-house lab, digital x-ray, dental digital x-ray, advanced electro-cautery machine (Ligasure), 6 IV digital pumps, advanced anesthesia monitor, AVI-Mark, and a strong supportive team of technicians and assistants. Our clinic strives to ensure that every pet that comes through the doors is treated as if they were our own. Along with being a general practice, we do a fair number of surgeries from standard spays and neuters, to dental procedures, soft tissue procedures, gastropexies, mastectomies, brachycephalic corrections, entropion procedures, exploratory procedures, even perineal urethrostomies. Big or small we love them all, and want to ensure anyone who joins our team feels the same way.
To learn more about the practice, visit us at https://stcatharinesanimalhospital.ca/
We are looking for a veterinarian who has had at least 2 years of experience with good medical and surgical skills. We offer a competitive wage, industry leading benefits package, including CE and paid dues. The position is full time; 5 days a week with excellent hours, including some Saturdays. We are interested in highly motivated individuals who possess exceptional interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, great team player and passionate about delivering high quality pet health care.
• Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
• Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
• Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
• Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
• Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
St Catharines, Ontario, Canada