Patton Chapel is located in the heart of Hoover, AL. We have had the opportunity to serve the pets and people of the greater Birmingham area since 1951. We are active in our community with local rescues and events. We also offer high quality medical care, dentistry, boarding, grooming, and reproductive services. We are our clients’ partners in medicine, our patients’ advocates of care, and facilitators of more memories for every family that walks through our door.
The Patton Chapel team is fueled by their passion for helping animals along with having an enjoyable and upbeat work environment. At Patton Chapel we take pride in addressing every pet’s specific needs from medical to boarding to grooming. If you are interested in joining our family, we love to have like-minded individuals in which we can grow and work toward fulfilling our “Why” in helping pets.
Responsibilities / Qualifications
- Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
- Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
- Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
- Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
- Treat every client like family and each patient like your own pet.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of in which applicant is applying
- Professional comportment and appearance, with excellent interpersonal skills and a positive, friendly attitude
- The ability to make decisions and communicate clearly and effectively with fellow team members
- Respect for and willingness to work with clients and their pets
- Compassionate team player who can uphold great reputation with clients
- A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine, upholding the veterinary code of ethics
- Proficiency in surgery a plus
Competitive salary, growth bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
Earliest Start Date:
Hoover, Alabama, United States