Palm Glen Animal Hospital is seeking a full-time Associate Veterinarian to join our practice! We are a progressive general practice featuring digital dental x-ray, orthopedic surgical equipment, a full-service surgery suite, separate dental suite, fully-equipped pharmacy, annual wellness plans, and experienced support staff. Our ideal candidate is confident in medicine, soft tissue surgery, and dental procedures. Experience with orthopedics, reptiles, pocket pets, and exotics beneficial but not required. Our clinic works with not only owned pets but provides our services to a variety of animal rescue organizations and works directly with the Maricopa County Animal Crimes unit and their shelter, MASH.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
• Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
• Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort
• Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs
• Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols
• Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine
• Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service
• Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public
Skills and Basic Qualifications
• A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed
• Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Works collaboratively with hospital team members
• Makes decisions confidently and effectively
• Manages time and tasks appropriately
• Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients
• Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States