Channel Islands Veterinary Hospital and Las Posas Veterinary Medical Center is seeking a DVM to join our team!
We are 2 veterinary hospitals with a proven track record of 33 years in Ventura County, CA. Our doctors and staff care for our clients’ pets as if they were our own. We are looking for a compassionate veterinarian to be a part of our cohesive team and help us continue to form strong bonds with our clients and our patients.
We have a very supportive staff of technicians, assistants and client service representatives. Our hospitals have become part of the fabric of our community, supporting local animal rescues, the National Disaster Search Dog Foundation and non-profit organizations that benefit the health and well-being of many individuals and families in Ventura County.
This is a great opportunity for a new grad!
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
• Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
• Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
• Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
• Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
• Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
• A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
• Licensure in good standing to practice in CA.
• Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
• Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
• Manages time and tasks appropriately.
• Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
• Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth.
If you are looking for an excellent practice, with unmatched growth potential, we want to hear from you! Please apply today!
About the hospital:
Our area has year-round beautiful weather and is located just south of Santa Barbara and Ojai and just north of Malibu. It’s a perfect community in which to start a career on the coast of California, with its wine tours and tasting, nightlife and dining, arts and culture, shopping, beach and harbor activities (such as surfing, kayaking, scuba diving, fishing and whale watching), year-round outdoor recreation and pet-friendly communities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran
Port Hueneme, California, United States