Kimberly Pines Veterinary Hospital in Davenport, IA seeks an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice (Generous Sign-on/Retention Bonus and Relocation).
Kimberly Pines Veterinary Hospital is situated in the Quad Cities, a group of five cities straddling the Mississippi River on the Iowa-Illinois boundary, with a population of over 380,000. Located in Davenport, Iowa, Kimberly Pines provides primary care, referral services and limited emergency service for a population of approximately 100,000. We are looking for a dedicated DVM to join our excellent team do to our continued growth!
More information at www.kimberlypinesvet.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Building has four exam rooms, treatment/recovery area, surgery suite, dental/prep area, radiology room, isolation room
- In-house laboratory capabilities for blood chemistries and CBC (IDEXX systems), urinalysis and sediments, cytology and cultures, PCV – TP and various SNAP tests. Also, close association with external full-service clinical and pathological laboratories
- Digital X-ray
- Iso and Sevo anesthesia
- Ultra-sonic and high speed drill – dental equipment
- Digital dental X-ray
- Complete pharmacy – large inventory of established pharmaceuticals as well as many of the latest developments
- Newest version AVI Mark computerization streamlines the management of a growing client database
- No boarding or grooming
The Quad cities have been named “The Most Affordable Metro” by Forbes magazine and in 2012 was ranked among the fastest growing areas in the nation for high-tech jobs. There are a number of colleges and universities as well as numerous landmarks to provide endless activities and sites to explore. Music, theater and entertainment are abundant, including sporting events and a performing arts complex. Shops, restaurants and a working lighthouse add to the charm of this beautiful area along the Mississippi River.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Earliest Start Date:
Davenport, Iowa, United States