Pima North Animal Hospital has an upcoming opening and great opportunity for an Associate Veterinarian!
Pima North Animal Hospital, established well over 20 years ago in the North Scottsdale Foothills, is a veterinary hospital providing medical, surgical and dental care as well as grooming and boarding for cats and dogs. We proudly achieved and have maintained AAHA Accreditation and Feline Friendly status.
Pima north is a large beautiful 3-doctor hospital in North Scottsdale looking to hire the right associate DVM. We are well equipped with digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscope, surgical and therapeutic lasers, as well as digital dental radiography. We all strive to practice high quality care and keep our medical standards high. Every dental cleaning procedure has radiographs taken, every surgery has mandatory pre-surgical bloodwork, every anesthetic case gets IV catheter and fluids. We work reasonable hours, alternating 4 and 4.5 day work weeks which allows for a good quality of life outside work. Doctor work hours are 8-5 or 9-6 M-F, alternating Saturdays, 8-1, closed Sunday. We have emergency clinics and specialists nearby for referrals and a great clientele willing to do what is best for their pet! Our tech staff is truly great to work with. They are talented, enthusiastic and love what they do which allows the doctors to do what they love to do.
We have a great place to work and have fun working together as a team. Mentoring is available, if desired, from the other DVMs with 50+ years collective experience.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
• Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
• Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort
• Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs
• Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols
• Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine
• Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service
• Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public
Skills and Basic Qualifications
• A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM/VMD) or related degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed
• Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Works collaboratively with hospital team members
• Makes decisions confidently and effectively
• Manages time and tasks appropriately
• Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients
• Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States