Brown Road Animal Clinic in the heart of Mesa, AZ is looking for an Associate Veterinarian to join our practice. Established in 1986, we have been dedicated to providing exceptional veterinary services to companion animals for over 25 years. In 1993, our clinic went through an expansion and we added a surgery suite, additional exam room and expanded our laboratory.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Veterinarian looking for a full-time opportunity in the East Valley of Phoenix with no emergency or on-call commitments. Our clinic is equipped with a new Midmark VetPro 1000 dental machine, a newer Midmark digital dental x-ray unit and in-house laboratory machines.
Brown Road Animal Clinic has partnerships with multiple referral doctors that come in to do orthopedic surgeries, cardiac and abdominal ultrasounds. The Mesa/Metro Phoenix area has many supporting veterinary specialists to refer to as well when necessary.
Our ideal team member is a Veterinarian committed to practicing high quality medicine with a strong customer service and team-oriented approach. For more information please visit our website http://www.brownroadac.com/
MEDICAL AND SURGICAL
- Provides compassionate care to patients.
- Works with clinic leadership to set practice medical policies and procedures; performs all
- duties in accordance with them.
- Performs physical examinations using preliminary data provided by the veterinary
- Technicians/assistants, and input from clients; diagnoses physical condition and presents diagnostic and treatment plans and/or alternatives to the client in a compassionate manner.
- Performs preventative care including vaccinations, testing, preventative medications, and promotes Paw Plans in an accurate, consistent, and caring manner.
- Performs medical, anesthetic, surgical and dental procedures; and provides emergency services in accordance with patient and hospital needs.
- Interprets the results of laboratory procedures and determines the appropriate treatment
- protocol based on the results; reads radiographs and interprets EKGs and EEGs.
- Prescribes medications for appropriate preventative treatment or to treat disease
- Promptly and accurately updates client records and charting through paper and computer.
- Plans and carries out a significant program of personal medical continuing
- education to meet requirements for licensure.
- Takes time to communicate effectively with clients, presenting them with treatment plans and alternatives in a compassionate and caring manner.
- Sets an example for the staff in dealing with clients; promotes the concept of the
- client-centered environment.
- Works with clinic leadership to develop new programs and processes that meet clients’ changing needs.
- Supervises veterinary technician’s skill-sets; works with Leadership assess their current skill
- level and helps to plan and implement their continued training.
- Delivers in-house medical training to the support staff.
- ommunicates objectives, motivates staff, builds and maintains morale;
- Maintains and promotes core values and standards.
- Takes an active role in practice staff meetings and helps to ensure that all staff members
- Promotes cooperative working environment among staff members; understands
- the value of teamwork; shows enthusiasm and willingness to perform as
- necessary to help the practice function as a unit.
- Understands and carries out oral and written directions.
- Maintains positive, cooperative relationships with other employees.
- Promotes continuous quality improvement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
D.V.M. licensed in current state.
- Excellent medical and surgical skills.
- Significant continuing education achievements
- Excellent communication skills with both staff and clients.
- Ability to recognize that teamwork is essential for a quality practice; ability to
- work as a team member as well as a doctor.
- Willingness to work emergencies or extra hours when needed.
- Interest in marketing and growth of the practice.
Earliest Start Date:
Mesa, Arizona, United States