Novak Animal Care in Lake Havasu City, Arizona is seeking a full-time Associate Veterinarian to join our practice. We are looking for someone who has an interest in internal medicine, basic soft tissue surgery, exploratory surgery, dentistry, and client communication. Strong interest in exotics and basic orthopedics preferred but not required! New graduates welcome to apply!
Novak Animal Care Center provides complete medical and surgical care, ultrasound, laser surgery, acupuncture therapy, after hour on-call emergency care, boarding and grooming for Lake Havasu City and the surrounding River Cities. We practice high quality medicine and surgery with a team approach. Our hospital is a fully equipped, AAHA-certified practice with a well-trained support staff to provide a high level of standard of care. We have a wonderful clientele and emphasis is placed on creating and maintaining a strong client/patient/veterinarian bond. Educating clients is a very important part of our practice philosophy so they become part of the team in making the most appropriate decision for the health of their family member.
Find more information at novakanimalcare.com .
• Beautifully remodeled building with large open lobby, retail center, 6 exam rooms, treatment area, surgery suite, boarding (K9 indoor kennels and feline condos), and grooming
• Only AAHA-certified clinic in Lake Havasu City
• In-house laboratory capabilities available with CBC/chemistry analyzer and option for IDEXX lab referrals when needed
• Radiography and ultrasound available
• Isoflurane anesthesia and laser surgery used in all of our surgical procedures as a standard
• Tonometry available for checking eye pressure
• Fully-stocked pharmacy including emergency medications and supplements
• A wide range of prescription diets including Hills Prescription, Royal Canine, Iams and Purina in our retail center
• Digital dental x-ray
• Ultra-sonic dental equipment
• Acupuncture therapy and holistic medicine
• Preventative care focused
• Pain management protocols
• Allergy consultation and treatment
• Comprehensive geriatric work-ups
• Wellness exams
• Puppy and kitten vaccine plans
• Microchip services
Lake Havasu City
Lake Havasu City, Arizona is located in Mohave County in western Arizona. One of the most popular recreational lakes along the Colorado River, Lake Havasu is known for being the “Personal Watercraft Capital of the World” and is home to the famous London Bridge. “Havasu” means “Land of the Blue Green Water,” and it does, indeed, make a cool and sparkling contrast to the surrounding desert and stark mountains. Lake Havasu has become an outdoor playground for residents and tourists year round, who flock to the area to enjoy the cool waters and scenery. Water activities include swimming, boating, water skiing and fishing.
Located within driving distance from major cities, Las Vegas is 160 miles to the north, greater Los Angeles is 310 miles to the west, and Phoenix is 200 miles to the southeast. Lake Havasu City features many amenities to serve our tourist community, including golf, tennis, movie theaters, restaurants and year round events. Small town charm coupled with warm year round temperatures and the amazing beauty of the lake and surrounding desert make Lake Havasu City a great place to call home.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Lake Havasu City, Arizona, United States