Alta Mesa Animal Hospital is located near the Superstition Mountains in Mesa, Arizona. We provide veterinary care for dogs, cats and exotic pets. We see same day appointments, offer Companion Health Plans, have a passion for dentistry, and are AAHA accredited. We are looking for an enthusiastic DVM to join our dedicated team. Interest in exotics a plus but not required.
For more information, visit our website at www.altamesaanimalhospital.com!
About the Hospital
- Modern building with four exam rooms, treatment area, surgery suite, radiology suite with digital radiography, two wards plus 17 dog runs for boarders and 9 cat condos
- We have brand-new in-house Idexx laboratory for selected blood chemistries, PCV, TP, a variety of snap tests and in house cytology
- Passion for oral health care and dental procedures including COHATS and oral surgery
- In-House ECG’s are run on patients undergoing anesthetic procedures
- Digital radiography for dental and full-body digital radiography
- We use human grade anesthesia, sevoflourane, on all of our surgical cases
- Excellent surgical monitoring capabilities including pulse oximetry, blood pressure, SPO2 and all vitals are recorded every 5 minutes
- Complete pharmacy – large inventory of established pharmaceuticals as well as many of the latest developments
- Electronic medical records using the newest version of AVIMark
- In addition to dogs and cats, a significant number of avian, reptile and small mammal cases add the challenge and rewards of exotic practice to our areas of expertise
About the Community
Mesa, Spanish for “Table-Top,” is a great community to live in. We have golf year round due to our climate, plenty of lakes nearby for fishing and boating as well as a beautiful landscape of mountains for hiking or just viewing. Yes, it gets a little warm here in the summer but as you may have already heard, it’s a dry heat. The cost of living is excellent and is in fact cheaper than the U.S. average. We believe that Alta Mesa Animal Hospital is a great place to work because of our passion for pets and our dedication to educating pet owners.
Jo b Summary
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively
- Manages time and tasks appropriately
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Earliest Start Date:
Mesa, Arizona, United States