Manzano Animal Clinic in Albuquerque, New Mexico seeks an Associate Veterinarian to join our caring and compassionate team!
Manzano Animal Clinic is located in the northeast heights of beautiful Albuquerque, New Mexico. We are a small animal practice serving the dogs and cats of our community since 1963. Throughout the years, we have developed and maintained a reputation as a high quality practice. Our doctors are encouraged to share knowledge and opinions with one another and treat each hospitalized patient with a collaborative effort. All experience levels welcome!
More information at http://www.manzanoanimalclinic.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
Albuquerque is a multi-culturally diverse southwestern city with a population of over 550,000. Despite its size, it maintains a small town feel wherever you go. It is centrally located to many of the state’s cultural and architectural treasures. Albuquerque has ideal weather all year round as you are able to experience all of the four seasons but none of them are extreme. It is one of the few places in the country where you can go golfing in the morning and then go skiing in the nearby Sandia Mountains in the afternoon. Our high desert environment allows for a multitude of outdoor recreational activities such as hiking, camping, skiing, birding, fishing, and ballooning. Albuquerque is home to the world famous International Balloon Fiesta which occurs annually every October. We have excellent local cuisine that is unique to our state and a vast variety of restaurants will routinely ask you if you want red or green (chili) with that entrée. We have a very active Chamber of Commerce that puts on many family-oriented events throughout the year including local art and music festivals. Albuquerque has a low cost of living that allows for a comfortable southwestern lifestyle. We have a fairly large veterinary community with two specialty hospitals that lets clients get the specialized care they need for their pets without having to travel a long distance.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
• Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
• Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
• Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
• Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
• Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
• Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
• Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
• A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
• Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
• Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
• Manages time and tasks appropriately.
• Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
• Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States