Ironwood Veterinary Clinic in Yuma, Arizona seeks an experienced FT Associate Veterinarian to complete our busy 3 doctor practice. We have been voted ‘Yuma’s Best Veterinary Clinic, providing progressive medicine, surgery, and dentistry for dogs and cats. We have the opportunity to expand our services to large animal patients and welcome that interest/experience. Our clientele are loyal and friendly, as is our experienced staff. Our clinic features digital radiographs, including digital dental x-ray, ultrasound, chemotherapy, Ultra-sonic dental equipment, isoflurane anesthesia, a fully-equipped surgical suite with electrocautery, orthopedic surgery equipment, and AVIMark.
Joint Ventura/Buy-In Opportunity – 10% Ownership Opportunity
**Offering FT Salary 115K+ – High Production Percentage – Sign-On Bonus up to 15K – Open to a New Grad – Open to TN Visa Sponsorship**
Ironwood Veterinary Clinic offers convenient paid round trip commute from Phoenix, Tucson, San Diego, LA, etc via a short direct flight or car ride to Yuma. Lodging and rental car options available for adjoining shifts.
Visit www.ironwoodveterinaryclinic.com to learn more about us!
Yuma has 300+ days of sunshine a year and is a great destination to enjoy outdoor activities. Enjoy biking, four-wheeling, horseback riding, as well as water fun on our rivers and lakes. We are home to the Marine Corps Air Station and the Army Military Freefall School. With affordable cost of living and easy access to San Diego and Phoenix, Yuma is a great, down to earth community to call home.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
• Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
• Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort
• Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs
• Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols
• Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine
• Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service
• Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public
Skills and Basic Qualifications
• A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university
• Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed
• Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Works collaboratively with hospital team members
• Makes decisions confidently and effectively
• Manages time and tasks appropriately
• Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients
• Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees
regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Yuma, Arizona, United States