Family Pet Hospital at Perry Creek in Sioux City, Iowa, seeks an Associate Veterinarian to join our team (Generous Sign-on/Retention Bonus and Relocation)!
Family Pet Hospital at Perry Creek provides primary care, referral services and emergency service for Sioux City (pop. 84,000) and small communities nearby.
More information at www.familypethospitalsiouxcity.com .
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
- Modern building with three exam rooms, treatment area, surgery suite, and a 35 unit pet boarding facility.
- In house laboratory capabilities include: IDEXX Procyte Dx and Catalyst One, Urinalysis and sediments, PCV, TP, FELV/FIV testing, Heartworm-Tick testing (4DX), Parvo test, and CPL testing.We use IDEXX Labs and Iowa State University for additional testing and clinical pathology.
- In house ECG.
- Companion Animal Laser.
- Scil Noblus Ultrasound.
- 6 Isoflourane gas anesthesia, Electrocautery, Ultrasonic dental equipment and surgical dentistry units.
- Midmark Progeny Digital Dental Radiography.
- Scil CR digital x-ray unit.
- Bionet monitor for anesthetized patients.
- Complete in-house pharmacy.
- Gaymar T-pump circulating water heating pad.
- Newest version AVI Mark computerization streamlines management of client base.
- In addition to the regular small animal species, pocket pet cases add the challenge and rewards of an exotic practice.
ABOUT SIOUX CITY, IOWA
Outdoor and indoor recreational opportunities abound in Sioux City and the Tri-state area of Iowa, Nebraska and South Dakota. Outdoor recreational opportunities include the region’s best fishing, hunting, boating, waterskiing, and camping. Sioux City is located on the Missouri River, 1 hour from Gavins Point Dam/ Lake and 2 hours from the Iowa Great Lakes region. The Iowa Great Lakes area offers a beautiful blue lake along with an amusement park / water park entertainment and “Family Fun Center”. Sioux City offers seasonal semi-pro sports with the Sioux City Musketeers (hockey), Sioux City Explorers (baseball) and the Sioux City Bandits (arena football). Sioux City is the regional epicenter for shopping, entertainment and cultural arts in the Tri State area (pop 200,000). The area is well represented with churches and social organizations. Free family fun activities are well known in Sioux City such as “Saturday In The Park” with live entertainment on the Saturday around July 4th; “Art Splash” displays works of local artists held in Grandview Park every August and” Pets on Parade” hosted by the Siouxland Humane Society each September. Two events centers; Tyson Events Center and Orpheum Theatre are located in Sioux City that attracts big name musical entertainment throughout the year. The cost-of-living means your earned income goes further dollar-for-dollar than in many other states. Sioux City represents the good life of Midwestern living.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined below, the Associate Veterinarian is an invaluable member of the hospital team who works directly with a Managing Doctor and supporting medical staff. This individual advances the quality of medicine in the practice and provides exceptional client service to our clients and patients.
- Builds rapport with clients by gathering information and listening to, and empathizing with their concerns
- Performs physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures that deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
- Communicates with clients on topics such as pet diagnosis, treatment plans, preventive health care, and nutritional needs.
- Maintains client/patient medical/surgical records and makes certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols.
- Stays current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine.
- Assists in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
- Presents a positive image of the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
- A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university.
- Licensure in good standing to practice in the state in which applicant is to be employed.
- Commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding veterinary code of ethics.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works collaboratively with hospital team members.
- Makes decisions confidently and effectively.
- Manages time and tasks appropriately.
- Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
- Commitment to ongoing educational development and growth
Earliest Start Date:
Sioux City, Iowa, United States