Atlantic Animal Hospital Port Orange
Atlantic Animal Hospital Ormond Beach
Assistant Manager Job Description
The Assistant Hospital Manager is on the leadership team as an integral part of the veterinary hospital management team. This person partners with the Hospital Manager and the Managing DVM to provide a smooth and profitable operation by driving revenue and managing costs while creating a hospital culture based on high quality patient care and exceptional customer service. Responsibilities include assisting the management of staff, planning regular staff meetings, and cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment while encouraging staff education.
Assistant Manager Job Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Planning
• Acts as a champion for change and identifies, documents, shares, and promotes best practices.
• Establishes goals for the practice and staff with HM and MDVM.
• Develops and implements hospital policy while holding annual OSHA compliance meetings.
• Performs quality checks and reviews of client files.
• Monitors computer systems and works with HelpDesk to resolve technical systems/equipment issues.
• Leads morning huddles with all staff at the beginning of a shift.
• Assists in creating and posting employee schedules.
• Initial phone tree contact for all staff call outs and work scheduling conflicts.
• Partners with the HM & MDVM to address staffing needs including hiring, training, reviewing, and disciplining of staff.
• Support staff when there is an issue and figure out solutions that work for the staff and the clinic using the *TED tools. Will escalate to the HM as needed.
• Demonstrates and reinforces the highest level of client service.
• Resolves client issues and escalations, and oversees client follow-up communication.
• In conjunction with the HM, drives client visits through strategic client communication and local marketing efforts (i.e. Community).
• In absence of HM, will ensure payroll is accurately completed and submitted for all hospital staff.
• Manages collections accounts for bad debts.
• Manages hospital inventory with HM.
• Completes wellness plan cancellations.
• Performs other duties essential to the performance of the hospital as assigned.
Must be available to work Saturday and Sunday, plus weekdays.
Must be available to work between two office locations, Ormond Beach and Port Orange.
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States