Equine Gastrointestinal Disease TimeOnline with Jamie Wearn | Course - Postgraduate
Veterinary Science Conference Centre, Sydney, 2006, NSW, AU
3 August-30 August 2020 | Online
Gastrointestinal illness is a very common presenting complaint in equine clinical practice; the spectrum of diseases includes the acute abdomen, weight loss and diarrhoea.This course focuses on developing an evidence-based medicine approach to the diagnosis and management of common gastrointestinal disorders of horses; encompassing a revision of relevant physiology and application to pathophysiology. By completing this course you will-
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the application of diagnostic tests to the adult and foal presenting with an acute abdominal crisis – breath and limitations of diagnostic testing modalities.
- As related to horses with weight loss and diarrhoeal disorders, be able to;
- engage in an evidence-based approach to the clinical reasoning process,
- formulate a relevant list of differential diagnoses,
- apply and interpret diagnostic tests to strategically narrow the list of possible differential diagnoses, and
- develop a treatment plan to effectively manage horses with these problems, in a field-based setting.
Course - Postgraduate
This event will take place in Veterinary Science Conference Centre, Sydney, 2006, NSW, AU